If you are having issues with Fitbit or Fitbit Ultra tracker not syncing with the Fitbit app for iOS, please follow these steps.
If after following these steps and you are still experiencing issues, please contact Fitbit Customer Support.
First, make sure:
- You are attempting to sync with a supported device. You can see the latest list of supported devices, please go to http://www.fitbit.com/devices.
- You are using the latest iOS software version. You can Verify by going to Settings > General > Software Update to check for updates.
- Make sure you enable Bluetooth in iOS.
The below troubleshooting steps are straight from Fitbit itself. If your tracker is still not syncing to a supported iOS device, complete the following steps:
- Restart your tracker. See How do I restart my tracker? for instructions.
- After your tracker has restarted, reboot your iOS device and then open the Fitbit app to initiate a sync.
- If you’re still having trouble, set up your tracker as a new device by following the instructions in Setting up your tracker with the Fitbit app for iOS. Note that if you have not synced in over 24 hours, your activity data for previous days will be lost and only today’s data will remain.
Note that Fitbit mobile syncing works best with iOS 7.1. If you would like to improve Fitbit mobile syncing, please update your iOS to the latest version by going to Settings > General > Software Update. (Current version of iOS is 8 as of writing this article.)