Some people just don’t like using Evernote because of difficulties in getting bullet lists to work properly. It is slow and clunky and basic features like tagging are a hassle. Evernote is still great in many other ways, here are some great Evernote alternatives. If you want to delete your Evernote account, please see the bottom of this post for Evernote account deletion instructions. I’ve tried to get all alternatives to Evernote in this list and please forgive me if I missed a few. Here are Evernote alternatives for all your productivity and business needs.
Intellinote has many of the note taking and capture features that Evernote has, and some very powerful sharing + collaboration features. Over the last few months Intellinote has managed to attract a sizable number of users (and companies).
- Capture every note, idea, file or document that comes out of your busy life at work.
- Share things with colleagues, assign tasks to your team, engage with your customers and vendors.
- Now, complete critical projects, tasks and to-do lists quickly and easily. Work smarter. And accomplish more every day.
Mammoth helps you research, organize content & finish projects, collaboratively.
DRAG & DROP ANYTHING
Add anything onto the board: images, links, webclips, mp3s, videos, documents. If you can drag it, you can throw it in.
START A CONVERSATION
Invite anyone using their email to collaborate on a board. Work together on a team project or an adventure with friends.
EDIT IT ALL LIKE A DOCUMENT
Just like a document: cut-copy-paste, format & organize your board. All contributors can edit and discuss together.
Wunderlist is the easiest way to manage and share your to-do lists. Whether you’re planning an overseas adventure, sharing a shopping list with a loved one or running your very own business, Wunderlist is here to help you achieve great things.
4. Teux Deux
Teux Deux is simple and pretty. If you like making to-do lists, you will love TeuxDeux. The idea was to build a bare-bones, but visually compelling and highly usable to-do app: Use the browser-based TeuxDeux at work/home and then take your to-dos on the road with the iPhone app.
Simple as paper
Type in your to-dos right where you want them, move them around to suit your schedule, then click to mark them done.
If you need a little bit of extra formatting, you’ll be glad to know Teux Deux supports Markdown, so you can make important words **bold** and [links clickable]
Your data is yours
You can quickly and easily download all of your to-dos at any time.
Need a place for your grocery list or your house chores? TeuxDeux has you covered, with custom “Someday” lists. Easily drag to-dos between the calendar and your lists.
WorkFlowy is an organizational tool that makes life easier. It can help you organize personal to-dos, collaborate on large team projects, take notes, write research papers, keep a journal, plan a wedding, and much more.
2Do is a great Evernote alternative for iPhone, Mac and Android. 2Do has an appealing interface. Here are some features of 2DO.
From dynamic date-range searches to full-text soundex searches, 2Do does search like no other.
Keep related tasks and projects together under color coded lists.
You can create powerful perspectives of your tasks, saving you the time spent finding specific tasks otherwise.
Create multiple notification for a single task, sound or a text alert: your choice. 2Do will nag you till it’s done.
Take control of your complicated life by using a combination of tasks, projects and checklists.
Batch schedule multiple tasks in one go. Drag and drop on the calendar or the Scheduled list to schedule quickly.
Automatically created for you, at frequent intervals.
Your life is a private affair. Manage it by locking out individual lists or the whole app with a single click. Add tasks quickly one after another, from anywhere. Quick Entry works even if 2Do isn’t running in the background.
Visit http://www.2doapp.com/ to learn about more features
7. Microsoft OneNote
Collect all the info you need, in one spot
8. Tag Spaces
TagSpaces is an open source personal data manager. It helps you organize files with tags on every platform.
Why should you use TagSpaces?
Open and Extensible
TagSpaces is open sourced and published under the AGPL license. It is designed to be easily extended with different plugins for visualization of directory structures or for opening of different file types.
No Backend ➜ No Login ➜ No Cloud
TagSpaces is running completely offline on your computer, smartphone or tablet and does not require internet connection or online registration. You can still use platforms like ownCloud, Dropbox orBittorrent Sync in order to sync your files between devices.
Ease of use
Messaging + Documents. Combined in one place.
More Evernote Alternatives
- Circus Ponies Notebook – Outlining, recording. web page clipping. Mac and iPad client available for Note Book. A NoteTaker variant called NoteShare allows sharing notebooks across one more users in small groups.
- Aquaminds Note Taker (for OSX, Linux and Windows) NoteTaker for OS X is the premiere information processor for individuals and workgroups. It combines the power of the built-in outliner with a visually rich notebook interface for organizing information and creating personal notebooks. NoteTaker is foremost a personal note and idea organizer. You can make a list, create an outline or jot down an idea. But NoteTaker scales with your needs, enabling you to add, change, and organize your information as needed, no matter what form it takes – lists, outlines, paragraphs of rich text, audio, video, or even embedded live web content.NoteTaker now includes personal real-time sharing.
- DevonThink – DEVONthink saves all your documents, keeps them organized, and recalls them whenever you need them. Great for note taking, file management, web page clipping, and AI-assisted search. An iPad client is available.
- Simplenote – Text based notes only but supported by a variety of clients on multiple platforms, see, e.g. Notational Velocity and nValt for Mac. Light, clean, and free. Simplenote is now available for iOS, Android, Mac, and the web. You can also download it for the Kindle Fire.
- MacJournal, Journler, Together, Yojimbo, SOHO Notes 9 – Store files, text, images, audio, video. Some of these also offer synching to devices, mobileme, etc.
- Google Docs – You can easily use Google Docs for notes, spreadsheets, etc and sync them to your devices through Google Drive, etc.
Evernote account deletion instructions
1. On the top right of your screen you will see your username.
2. Click on it, and it will give you another menu, on this you will see “account settings”, click on it.
3. After clicking on it you will navigate to another page. On the left hand side there will be several options, in which you can click on ACCOUNT SUMMARY.
4. Scroll down until you see a deactivate account option and click on it.
5. you will need to click on a “deactivate my option” box and your account will be deactivated