Here is a video Tutorial and instructions included below on how to factory reset the Galaxy S4. Restoring your Galaxy S4 is important if you experience major issues with your device that requires a restore.
This works for all Galaxy S4 variants like the Verizon/Spring/ Galaxy S4 Active.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:
- Volume Up key
- Home key
- Power key
- When the phone vibrates, let go of the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
- When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
- Press the Volume Down key to highlight ‘wipe cache partition.’
- Press the Power key to select. The phone will automatically restart after the cache is wiped.