Back when moto G was launched in 2014, it received a lot of positive feedback. Customers loved it. It was the only phone at that time to be exclusively sold online. Motorola which is now a Lenovo owned company launched its two new models in the moto g series, that is, moto g5 and motog5 plus in 2017. Both have succeeded in pleasing the customers. To begin with let us briefly go over its specifications.
Size: 155g, 7.7mm thickness
Battery: 3000mAh li-ion
Camera: 12 megapixel rear camera, 5 megapixel front camera
Display: 5.2”, 1920*1080 resolution
Platform: Android 7.0 Nougat, QUALCOMM snapdragon processor
Memory: internal 32/64 GB; 2/4 GB RAM; expandable up to 256 GB
Colours: lunar grey, fine gold
- Design: It has a good built. It has sturdy metal body. All the previous moto g series had plastic bodies. But this one is the first to have metal body and it surely is better. It has an oval shaped fingerprint sensor on its back and the power and volume buttons on the right side for easy single hand usage.
- Display: It has a 5.2 inch IPS LCD display. Although its predecessor had 5.5” display, the moto g5 plus is still better because it has nano water repellent coat on its edges. This gives it an edge over the other moto g phones in the same price range.
- Software: With the latest android 7.0 nougat, it definitely has good software system for this price. It has a 2GHz octa-core Snapdragon 625SoC along with Adreno 506 GPU. Due to this feature this phone gives a tough competition to phones like xiaomi redmi note 4 and Lenovo phones which cost ten thousand more for providing the same feature.
- Battery life: Although the company guaranteed 24 hours of battery life, the phone could only sustain for half of this time. But in those 12 hours the phone was in heavily used. But it is good for a 3000mAh li-ion battery. It also has turbo charging feature. It can charge up to 50% in 20 minutes only.
- Value for money: Launched at a mere14, 999 this phone is worth its entire penny. The features that it provides are all amazing. Moto has started the trend of providing high tech stuff in low budgets and that is the best part about moto phones. They are always value for money.
- Performance: The performance is impeccable. You can depend on it for your daily requirements. Heavy games like asphalt 8 do not hang anymore. It operates absolutely smoothly. This is the best feature of this phone.
- Camera: In low light, the picture quality of the image decreases. It is the only negative point of the camera. The camera is good otherwise. It has good 12 megapixel rear camera. The front 5 megapixel camera has a beautification mode too.
- Sound: The down side of this phone is the poor quality of loudspeakers.
- Heating issues: It gets heated up when used for long durations of time.
After weighing the all the pros and cons it can be safely said that moto g5 plus is a phone worth its money. If you are already using it then you have taken a wise decision.
Initially it may seem a bit difficult to use but soon you will get the hang of it.