The latest OTA update for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 devices brought some bug fixes and performance improvements. However, all the latest OTA updates demand newer root tools and solutions to keep having super access on our Android devices.
Although a bit late, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note SCH-i605 received a major software update titled I605VRUEMJ9 around a month ago. Finally, here is a Saferoot exploit by XDA dev making it possible for you to root Verizon Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.3 VRUEMJ9.
Here is how you can root Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.3 UCUBMK6 Jelly Bean official update.
Prerequisites to root Verizon Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.3 VRUEMJ9:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option: go to Menu > Settings > More > About; and scroll down to tap the the build number 7 times. This will unlock Developer options. From Developer Options enable USB Debugging.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 carries more than 80% of charge.
Note: this guide is only intended for Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605; please to not try it on other variants.
Root Verizon Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.3 VRUEMJ9:
Files required: download the latest Saferoot from this XDA thread: Saferoot.zip. Unzip the contents of this zip package.
- Open the Saferoot folder and double-click on install.bat. You will then see a CMD window.
- Connect your Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with computer via a USB cable.
- Wait for a few moments and your device will be connected successfully.
- Once connected, press any key on your computer to start rooting script.
- When the procedure will be finished, your Verizon Note will reboot automatically.
With Saferoot, you can easily root Verizon Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.3 VRUEMJ9 Jelly Bean. Download the run the Root Checker app from Play Store to confirm you have gained rooting rights. -WCCFTech.