IMPORTANT: The recovery process deletes information stored on the internal storage drive. Be sure to save your work to external media before executing the recovery.
- Make sure the computer is turned off (“Shut-down” from the Windows Start menu)
- Remove any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
- Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in and working.
- On machines with the F key numbers on the top edge of the keys and in White:
• Press and hold the 0 (zero) key and power up the laptop.
• Release the 0 (zero) key when the recovery warning screen appears.
On machines with the F key numbers on the bottom edge of the keys and in Gray:
• Power up the laptop.
• When the initial TOSHIBA screen displays, press the F12 key to enter the boot menu.
• Use the arrow keys to select the HDD Recovery option and press the enter key to begin.
- The TOSHIBA recovery wizard warning screen appears stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and the original factory software image will be rewritten. If the recovery process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
- After you are sure you have everything you want from the laptop saved, click Yes.
- When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens, the default and recommended option is “Recovery of Factory Default Software”.
- After selecting your desired recovery method, select Next.
- On the next screen you may have recovery method options. The default and recommended method is to Recover to Out of Box state.
- Select next to continue.
- Follow the on screen instructions as you navigate through the system recovery steps.
- The laptop will restart multiple times and install the needed components.